Welcome to Third Grade
This website is for students and parents to have a better insight on what we are learning in class.
Arkansas Elementary School
Currently in Reading
- We will continue to build our knowledge base of different strategies readers use to improve their reading skills and to better understand what we are reading.
Currently in Writing
- We will begin digging into texts deeper from our Reading block by examining them more thoroughly and writing about these articles, stories, etc. during our Writing block.
Currently in Math
We are currently studying Perimeter, Angels and Area, however we will continue to learn about Multiplication and Division.
- Our current unit focuses on:
- Using concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition.
- Finding area of rectangles with whole number side lengths using a variety of methods.
- Describing perimeter as an attribute of plane figures and distinguish between linear and area measures.
- Finding the perimeter given the side lengths.
- Finding an unknown side length given the perimeter.
- Finding rectangles with the same perimeter and different areas or with the same area and different perimeters
Currently in Social Studies
We will complete our Citizenship unit assessment this week and begin our Growing Nation unit this week. The following will be our focuses for the Growing Nation unit:
- New Ways to Travel
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- A New Home in America
- New Ways to Communicate
- New Ideas